Keren Shemesh Foundation for Encouragement of Young Entrepreneurs Ltd. (CC) (“Keren Shemesh”, “we”) is committed to maintaining the privacy of it’s the users (“user”, “you”). The following information describes how Keren Shemesh collects and processes information about you when you use our Services (as defined below).
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- Your rights with regard to the collection of such information.
Keren Shemesh provides a networking platform (the “Platform”) which allows its users to communicate and engage in entrepreneurial, commercial and mentoring related interactions. Keren Shemesh also operates a mentoring program in which entrepreneurs skilled in entrepreneurship, business and management (“Mentors”) assist entrepreneurs, business owners and non-profit organizations CEOs (“Mentees”) with their business/organization and entrepreneurial ventures (the “Mentoring Program”) by providing one on one mentoring, subsidies consultancy, training, workshop, etc. Keren Shemesh is also engaged in the ideation, development, maintenance and provision of a website (the “Website”) which provides information on Keren Shemesh’s Platform and activities (the Platform, Mentoring Program and Website shall be defined collectively herein as the “Services”).
Information from which you can be personally identified (hereinafter: “Personal Information”) may also be collected, as follows:
- Registration to the Mentoring Program: You may register to the mentoring program by providing us with your full name, ID number, your email address, certain information relating to proffsional background, past business ventures, phone number. We will explicitly indicate the mandatory fields for completion.
- Registration and Interaction via the Platform: In addition, over the course of your use of the Platform, you may provide us with personal information such as your name, personal ID, email and details about the business. We will also collect information you submit when you contact us, when you ask a question or interact with other users, Mentees or Mentors via the Platform.
- Registration and Attendance at Conferences: you may register to certain conferences and activities via the Website or Platform. For the purposes of registration we will collect your full name, address, telephone number, email address and in some instances information regarding your business venture.
- When you engage us in connection with financing possibilities: we may collect your full name, telephone number, email, and entity details when applicable.
- Inquiries: If you contact us for questions or complaints, or for technical support, we will collect the information related to your inquiry. This may include your user account ID, provided for when registering to use the Platform, email address and other contact information, depending on the nature of your inquiry.
Please note that Personal Information shall be collected only if received voluntarily from you, including, without limitation, by registering to the Services, or emailing us.
Use of Information
We use the Personal Information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing. We may use or process your Personal Information for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
Providing the Requested Services
- We collect Personal Information to provide you with our networking Platform, our Mentoring Program and other related Services.
- We collect your ID number and contact information to identify you and provide you with an appropriate insurance policy.
- Such collection of information will enable us to provide you with technical and professional assistance, with regard to the Services you use or intend to use.
Improvement and Development of the Services
- We collect Personal Information to improve and develop our services and understand feedback on Keren Shemesh’s Services and to help provide more information on the use of those Services quickly and easily.
- We collect Personal Information for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on our Website and Platform to ensure they are user friendly.
- We collect Personal Information to improve the management and administration of our business and maintain compliancy with our internal policies and procedures.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve our Services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities and measure our social impact.
Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment
We may use your information to detect and prevent fraud, abuse and security incidents in the following ways;
- Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity;
- Enhance the safety and security of our Services;
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
- Prevent or take action against activities that are, or may be, in breach of our terms of Service or applicable law.
Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing
- If you have used Keren Shemesh’s Services in the past, we have a legitimate business interest for matching the data we collect with other data we had already collected.
- This enables us to understand your needs and interests, optimize the content we send you and make it more suitable and relevant to your needs.
- This also enables us to improve your experience on the Website and Platform by providing you with personalized content, recommendations, and features.
Disclosure of Information and Transfer of Data
Although sharing your information is not included in our normal course of business, we may, from time to time, need to share your Personal Information with third parties to facilitate our Services or any portion thereof, such as marketing, data management or maintenance services including without limitation, with Youth Business International who provides us with CRM services. We may also share your information with analytics service providers for analytics services. Such analytics service providers set their own cookies or other identifiers on your computer, through which they can collect information about your usage of our Services. This helps us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our Services.
We may also transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate changes. Furthermore, information about you may also be released in order to comply with any valid legal obligation or inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if you use the Website or Platform to perform an unlawful act or omission or take any act or omission that may damage Keren Shemesh, its property and goodwill, or if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Website, the Platform or a physical or property threat to you or others. The authority supervising such activities is the Israeli Privacy Protection Authority, and you have the right to file a complaint to it or any other relevant supervisory authority.
We may use “cookies” and/or other technologies or files (collectively, “cookies”) to identify how visitors make use of this Website. This aggregated tracking information may be used to help us improve and enhance the Website experience for all of our visitors. In addition, cookies are used for adjusting the Website to your personal preferences. Cookies contain information such as the pages you visited, the length of time you stayed on the Website, the location from which you accessed the Website and more. If you would prefer not to have cookies stored on your computer, you may modify your browser settings to reject most cookies, or manually remove cookies that have been placed on your computer. However, by rejecting the cookies, you may be unable to fully access the offerings on this Website. To find out more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Links to Other Websites
We deploy industry standard, or better measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and availability of personal data we process. We maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards, and test and update these periodically. We endeavor to restrict access to Personal Information on a ‘need to know’ basis for the provision of Services to you. No such measures are perfect or impenetrable. In the event of a security breach, we will take all reasonable action to minimize any harm. Although we will do our best to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site or to group companies, and transmission is at the users own risk.
Generally, Keren Shemesh does not retain information longer than necessary to provide its Services and for its reasonable business and lawful needs. If you withdraw your consent to us processing your data, we will erase your Personal Information from our systems, unless the data is required for Keren Shemesh to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims or it is necessary for the performance of the requested Services.
The Service is not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not, knowingly or intentionally, collect information about children who are under 18 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICE, UNLESS PARENTAL CONSENT IS PROVIDED ACCORDINGLY
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This page was updated on August 2020